Beginning June 26, the Thurston Economic Development Council’s (EDC) Center for Business & Innovation (CB&I) will offer Financial Mastery as part of its ScaleUp Training Series.
In Financial Mastery, students will gain tools they can use to make better decisions with foresight confidence. Students will learn how to understand financial statements, build a business model and project cash flow. The class will also teach students to be able to evaluate the profitability of their marketing plan and make adjustments to have desirable profits as well as how to set benchmarks to measure business performance.
Financial Mastery is a 4-week course that includes:
- Four 3 1/2-hour class sessions on Zoom
- Valuable interaction and shared learning with other business owners
- Opportunity for one-on-one business advising
Financial Mastery will teach students how to:
- Better understand profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Recognize key financial drivers
- Plan profits and growth with positive cash flow
- Find and control hidden cash flows
- Build financial strength for future value
The cities of Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater support small business growth by providing scholarships to ScaleUp participants. Learn more at ScaleUpThurston.org.