Veterans in need of resources should head to the Tacoma Dome on April 20 for a Veterans Resource Fair that will help connect them with service providers to meet their needs.
The event aims to provide both veterans and their families with direct connections and information on veteran-specific programs and resources in Pierce, King, Kitsap, and Thurston counties, and is hosted by Nine9Line Veteran Services in partnership with health company Humana.
The event is open to all active duty U.S. military personnel, reservists, members of the National Guard, veterans, and their family members.
The event will help connect veterans with providers of the following services:
- VA benefits
- Legal services
- Homeless services and at-risk services
- Educational benefits
- Medical screenings and dental resources
- Jobs/apprenticeship/training and vocational opportunities
- Female veteran resources
- Active duty transition assistance
- Financial education and assistance
- Housing and home ownership
- Justice system related reintegration services
- Disability benefit claim assistance
- Widow/widower (surviving spouse) benefits
People who would like to volunteer at the fair can sign up online.
The Veterans Resource Fair is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 20, at the Tacoma Dome Exhibition Hall, 2727 E. D Street.