The University of Washington Tacoma has selected six local business leaders for its annual Business Leadership Awards.
This program, hosted by the Milgard School of Business since 2001, recognizes outstanding business leaders in the South Sound region. In addition to exemplary service in their company and community, recipients also demonstrate the five core competencies of the school of business: integrated business knowledge, strategic thinking, communication, teamwork, and professionalism.
- The Business Leader of the Year is Evie Lynn, chairman of the board for Careage Corporation.
- The Non-Profit Business Leader of the Year is Kathi Littmann, president and CEO of Greater Tacoma Community Foundation.
- The Sustainable Business Leader of the Year is Jim Milgard, Jr., owner and CEO of Continental Floral Greens.
- The Entrepreneur of the Year is Gordon Naccarato, executive chef and vice president of Naccarato Restaurant Group.
- The Non-Profit Lifetime Achievements recipient is Brad Cheney, president and executive director of the Ben B. Cheney Foundation.
- The For-Profit Lifetime Achievements recipient is Bill Weyerhaeuser, chairman of Columbia Bank’s board from 2001-2018.
This year’s ceremony will take place on July 29 in William Philip Hall. Visit UW Tacoma’s website here for more information.