More than 25,000 people attended the 147th Thurston County Fair earlier this month. In addition to the increase in visitors, the fair also saw more entries in activities including hobbies, crafts, animals, and baking.
Highlights of the 2018 Thurston County Fair include:
- 807 animals were entered, approximately 700 more than last year
- The market sale raised $115,000
- Photography entries increased by more than 100
- The Home Arts and Floral Departments both hosted a youth show for the first time
- Vendor spaces sold out
- Military day ticket sales increased by 30 percent
The 2019 fair will take place July 30 through Aug. 4. For more information, visit www.thurstoncountyfair.org.