The Thurston County Emergency Management (TCEM) recently announced that it is distributing nearly 128,500 cloth masks to local organizations, including the Thurston County Food Bank, Salvation Army, and the Community Action Council.
Local organizations will make the masks available to families and people who fall below the 200 percent federal poverty level. TCEM will deliver the masks to each organization as they receive shipments.
The first shipment of masks were delivered last week, according to a release. TCEM will deliver the masks to each organization as they receive shipments.
Organizations and mask distribution numbers:
- Thurston County Food Bank: 53,370
- Partners in Prevention Education (PiPE): 4,000
- South Sound Senior Services: 6,000
- Centro Integral Educativo Latino de Olympia (CIELO): 5,000
- Community Action Council: 10,000
- Thurston County Public Health and Social Services (PHSS): 5,000
- Rochester Organization of Families (ROOF) Community Services: 15,000
- Salvation Army: 5,000
- South Sound YMCA: 20,000
- County Reserve – will distribute as needed: 5,000