The United Way of Thurston County (UWTC) announced recently a new relief fund for displaced Thurston County food workers.

The Thurston County Emergency Assistance for Displaced Thurston Restaurants will help those who have lost work in restaurants and bars due to the pandemic.

Applicants must live in Thurston County and be a food service worker who has lost work due to the pandemic. UWTC is administering these funds with the help of the Community Action Council (CAC) of Lewis, Mason & Thurston Counties.

Qualifying recipients receive assistance in the form of a prepaid credit card. Applicants must submit a 2020 paystub, W2, letter from the employer, or another form of proof that they worked in a bar or restaurant in 2020. 

To apply, call the CAC at (360) 438-1100 or 1-(800) 878-5235 Monday through Thursday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. For more information about this relief, click here.