WorkSource Pierce is offering weekly webinars to help laid-off workers navigate unemployment insurance, retraining, and the job search process.
The webinars, called Layoff Assistance Sessions, are geared to help anyone who has lost their job and is seeking resources. The 90-minute webinar covers:
- WorkSource employment center services
- Retraining and education opportunities for people who qualify as dislocated workers
- Healthcare insurance and COBRA health insurance coverage
- Unemployment insurance benefits and the application process
- Options for retirement benefits
- The role of Washington State Labor Council advocates
Sessions are held on alternating Tuesdays and Fridays. For a calendar of sessions and to register, visit the WorkSource Pierce website.
Companies that are downsizing can also set up special sessions for workers who have received lay-off notices by contacting Teresa Delicino at firstname.lastname@example.org.