The City of Tacoma’s pavement preservation project starts tomorrow and is expected to last until Sep. 14. Tacoma’s Street Operations Division contracted with Intermountain Slurry Seal to perform paving work on various residential and arterial streets in two different areas of the city.
The first project area includes the following streets:
- East 48th Street from East McKinley to East Portland Avenues
- East Grandview Avenue from East 32nd to East 36th Street
- East 32nd Street from East Portland to East Grandview Avenues
- Pioneer Way East from River Road East to East Browning Street
- Multiple residential streets in the Salishan neighborhood
The second project area includes the following streets:
- South Stevens Street from Sixth Avenue to South 19th Street
- South Tyler Street from South 19th to Center Streets
All repairs are dependent on weather and will affect traffic depending on location and work being performed.