Kitsap Bank has revealed the 14 semi-finalists in its 2019 edg3 FUND small business competition, which aims to recognize entrepreneurs dedicated to growing their community economically, socially, and environmentally.
The next phase of the competition begins Sept. 23, when the public is invited to vote for their favorite company. Voting will span between Sept. 23 and Sept. 30. Then, a live competition will be held at Harborside Conference Center in Bremerton on Nov. 21. There, the finalists will present their pitches before a live audience and an independent panel of judges. The winner will come away with $25,000.
In addition, the bank will once again be awarding an additional $5,000 cash prize, the Community edg3 Award. The $5,000 prize will be awarded to one business selected from the semi-finalist pool that, in the judges’ opinions, best embodies the spirit of community, based upon their submitted application and video.
This year’s semi-finalists are:
- The Art of Crunch — Tacoma
- Tart Cider, LLC — Olympia
- The Artisans Group — Olympia
- JT’s Original Louisiana Bar-b-que — Gig Harbor
- Unity Skate Shop — Port Orchard
- Village Green Golf Course — Port Orchard
- Harsh Farm — Bremerton
- Cascade Hygiene — Bremerton
- Williams Care Management — Bainbridge Island
- Time & Tide Technologies Inc. — Poulsbo
- Fuchsia Shoes Inc. — Bothell
- Camp N Car — Port Townsend
- Peninsula Adventure Sports — Port Angeles
- Ekologi Design and Planning — Bellingham
To view background information and videos about the 14 semi-final companies, visit this website.