Kitsap Bank announced 15 semifinalists in its 2018 edg3 FUND small business competition last month. The competition recognizes entrepreneurs invested in growing the Kitsap community economically, socially, and environmentally.
From now through Sept. 28, voting is open to the public to help determine five companies that will move on to the final round.
“We are excited to have received applications from a number of very promising companies,” Tony George, Kitsap Bank’s president and COO, said in a statement. “All of these innovative and hardworking business people are doing great things to promote a sustainable community, and we were honored that they invested their time and effort to join our contest.”
The 2018 semifinalists are:
- Blackmouth Design – Bainbridge Island
- Cascade Hygiene – Bremerton
- Compost Manufacturing Alliance, LLC – Port Orchard
- Dragonfly Cinema – Port Orchard
- HandiMaps – Renton
- Kayak Brinnon – Brinnon
- Kitsap Fresh – Poulsbo
- Kodama Farm and Food Forest – Chimacum
- PJ’s Market – Port Orchard
- Sequim Bee Farm – Port Angeles
- The Art of Crunch – Tacoma
- The Cocoa Forge – Port Townsend
- TreeYourself SPC – Seattle
- Vita Inclinata – Tacoma
- Wood Originals, LLC – Bremerton
From these companies, five finalists will be chosen to present their pitches during a live competition on Nov. 15 at Harborside Conference Center in Bremerton. One winner will be awarded $20,000.
A $5,000 Community edg3 Award will also be presented to one semifinalist who “best embodies the spirit of community,” according to the bank.