During a recently held awards luncheon, Gov. Jay Inslee honored 20 state agency managers for their outstanding leadership.
This year’s recipients of the 2019 Governor’s Award for Leadership in Management were recognized for a wide range of accomplishments in 2018. These included delivering successful major transportation projects in Seattle and Spokane and developing a long-range plan for the state ferry system, providing crucial communication systems to first responders, supporting vulnerable adults, increasing apprenticeship opportunities to retrain for the high tech and medical fields and oversight of insurance companies to ensure promised service to the public.
Winners were chosen by a selection committee composed of agency directors and executive staff.
“These managers have set priorities and achieved results, managed risk and modeled leadership competencies,” Inslee said. “They and their staff are responsible stewards of Washington residents’ resources as they serve capably and honorably every day.”
The list of recipients includes:
- Vanessa Barnes, Washington State Patrol
- Rick Bushnell, Department of Enterprise Services
- Tim Church, Department of Labor and Industries
- Stephanie Cirkovich, Washington Department of Transportation
- Debra Conn, Department of Revenue
- Maximilian Dixon, Military Department
- Mike Gribner, Washington Department of Transportation
- Shawn Hartline, Department of Social and Health Services
- John Haworth, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Lisa Heaton, Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Kathy Hunter, Utilities and Transportation Commission
- Ronnie-Sue Johnson, Department of Social and Health Services
- Ron Judd, Department of Transportation
- Yvonne Knutson, Department of Enterprise Services
- Annette Meyer, Department of Enterprise Services
- Dale Mix, Department of Natural Resources
- Kathy Morgan, Department of Social & Health Services
- Sandra Najera, Department of Licensing
- Michael Ratko, Department of Labor and Industries
- Jody Robbins, Department of Labor and Industries
Click here to for more information.