During the Washington Hospitality Association Convention at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington earlier this month, Tyler Winters, general manager of Lacey-based Farrelli’s Pizza, was named Restaurant General Manager of the Year.
According to a statement, Winters has been known to have pizzas delivered to nearby fire stations and to local teachers on strike.
Clayton Krueger, Farrelli’s director of marketing and communications, gave another example of Winters’ management style.
“When a recent regular finally lost his battle with cancer, the entire staff of the store attended the funeral ceremony and (Winters) called the other Farrelli’s stores for support to cover all of those shifts for the day,” Krueger said.
“Our industry connects communities like no other,” said Anthony Anton, president and CEO of the Washington Hospitality Association. “Hospitality is at the center of community development and these awards honor the rock stars in Washington who are our best role models. These businesses exemplify how we are woven into the fabric of the daily lives of our guests and team members and show that by working together, we help our communities succeed.”
The 2018 Washington Hospitality Association winners are:
- Employee of the Year: DelRae Evans-McLain, Wild Ginger, Seattle
- General Manager of the Year: Tyler Winters, Farrelli’s Pizza, Lacey
- Emerging Hospitality Leader of the Year: Amanda Landers, Pan Pacific Hotel, Seattle
- Innovation Award: Derek Simcik, Thompson Seattle
- Paving the Way Award: Kim Straight, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Sumner
- Employee of the Year: Meg Spiegelberg, Embassy Suites Pioneer Square, Seattle
- General Manager of the Year: Scott Snofsky, Hilton Garden Inn, Bellevue