Zillow Inc. has its first dedicated rentals app, optimized for renters who need to make decisions quickly.
The Zillow Rentals for Android App allows users to access Rent Zestimates – Zillow's estimated rent prices on more than 100 million U.S. homes and apartments. Additionally, the app allows rental shoppers to:
• Compare and contrast favorite homes on a side-by-side list, a rental app feature exclusive to Zillow.
• Draw one or more boundaries around neighborhoods to narrow a search by geography.
• Use Android's voice search capabilities to quickly search for-rent homes in an area.
• Quickly browse color-coded results organized by time on market, so renters know which homes are new to the market and which have already been viewed.
• Automatically receive on-screen notifications when new rental homes matching search criteria hit the market, with no login or sign-up required.
• Contact landlords by phone or e-mail instantly. These properties are automatically added to the renter's list of favorites with a time stamp to help keep track of when landlords were contacted.
“Renters shop differently from buyers and look at many homes quickly, in specific locations, in a short amount of time,” said Jeremy Wacksman, vice president of consumer marketing and mobile at Zillow. “The Zillow Rentals for Android App was created specifically to address their needs by organizing listings in an easily-accessible way and allowing them to shop for the right home on location, in the neighborhood where they want to live.”
This is Zillow's 10th mobile app.
Zillow Rentals for Android App is free to download, and is available in the Google Play store.