Technically, March is officially Women's History Month, but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate the accomplishments of the women in our business community year-round.
That's why Business Examiner Media Group holds its annual Women of Influence program, which recognizes outstanding female leaders in South Puget Sound. Honorees — selected by a panel of judges comprised of prior years' winners — are chosen for their achievements in business, community, government, military and/or nonprofit sectors. This year's event, to be held at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at the McGavick Conference Center, will celebrate a diverse group of honorees from a variety of different fields.
The 2013 Women of Influence are:
• Jan Brazzell, PhD, principal of Advancement Consulting
• Heather Burgess, partner at Phillips Wesch Burgess PLLC (Olympia and Tacoma)
• Ruby Chambers, founder of Ruby Collection, developer of Opera Alley
• April Gibson, administrator at Puget Sound Orthopedics
• Elizabeth “Bett” Lucas, VP sales & marketing at Targa Sound Terminals
• Lifetime Achievement recipient: Debbie Regala, retired (18 years) state legislator representing Tacoma-PC
Congratulations to this year's Women of Influence, and we at the BE certainly hope you'll join us in recognizing our honorees.