By Zachariah Bryan
Several new developments are underway in Puyallup, including some major housing and office projects.
According to a new list of major developments published by the City of Puyallup, there are 10 new projects and six continuing projects on the slate for 2016.
New projects include the Todd Road Distribution Center, a new 110,000 square foot industrial building on North Meridian Ave and Todd Road NE; the East Main Professional Office, a former restaurant that is being redeveloped into a 24,000 square-foot office building; and the 83,000 square-foot Pioneer Crossing Retail project, on E Pioneer and Shaw Road.
Other new projects are:
- Carmax Dealership, a “used car superstore” on an 18.3 acre site along River Road
- 9th and Meridian Retail: 13,000 square feet of new retail in two buildings
- Major internal remodels and new parking at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Phased development of the new Agriplex barn, Showplex 2 and related projects at the Washington State Fair
- Initial site construction of 40 single-family residential lots on the 17-acre Malone Plat
- Wesley Homes, 75,000 square feet of assisted living and 70 separate “brownstone” units
- Construction of the 17,000 square-foot Biolife Plasma Center
Continuing projects are:
- Stewart Crossing, off of 26th Street NW and W Stewart, will continue its phased construction of 368 single-gamily homes on a 67-acre site.
- An 84-unit townhouse development called Robbins Hollow off 23rd Avenue SE and S Meridian
- Multiple projects concerning the Harnish Dealership, including new multi-level parking and Subaru remodel
- Puyallup Highlands, a multi-phase, 325-unit subdivision on 80 acres
- Fruit land View Estates, a 45-lot planned development residential plat on a 10.5 acre site
- Villages at South Hill, Phase II, which includes the continued buildout of a 820unit subdivision on a 15.7 acre site