A panel of judges has considered 14 finalists from small companies, medium- to large-employers, government units and non-profit organizations and selected four 2017 Financial Executives of the Year honorees. They will be revealed at a recognition luncheon on Wednesday, for which just a few tickets remain.
You can read background profiles of each financial executive that will be honored by clicking on the names below.
Private sector finalists involved are:
- Gareth Floyd, Director of Finance, PCS Structural Solutions, Tacoma
- David Gleason, Controller at PM Testing Laboratory, Fife
- Rand Hill, CFO, Dillano’s Coffee Roasters, Sumner
- Elizabeth Marker, Director of Financial Services, Evergreen Eye, Federal Way
- AJ Gordon, CFO, SiteCrafting, Tacoma
- Shantel Jones, CFO, Tacoma Propeller, Tacoma
Non-profit organizational finance leaders who are Finalists include:
- Richele Center, Finance Director, United Way Thurston County
- Pete Grignon, CFO/CPA, United Way Pierce County
- Sue Horgen, CFO, The Rescue Mission, Tacoma
- Anne Porter, VP/CFO, YMCA of Pierce & Kitsap Counties
- Greg Welch, Dir. of Finance/Ops/HR, Assn. of Washington Business, Olympia
Three different government offices or agencies have Finalists in this category:
- Mary Schmidtke, Fiscal Services Manager, Pierce Co. Auditor’s Office, Tacoma
- Holly Woodmansee, VP Administrative Services, Bates Technical College, Tacoma
- Lisa Woods, Business & Finance Manager, City of Tacoma Events & Venues dept.
The final honoree in each category will be announced on Wednesday, April 26, in a program sponsored by Kitsap Bank. Tickets and other details are available at this link or by calling Business Examiner Media, 253.404.0891.