With nominations received from throughout the South Sound, a panel of judges is considering financial executives at small companies, medium- to large-employers, government units and non-profit organizations to select four 2017 Financial Executives of the Year.
Private sector Finalists are:
- Gareth Floyd, Director of Finance, PCS Structural Solutions, Tacoma
- David Gleason, Controller at PM Testing Laboratory, Fife
- Rand Hill, CFO, Dillano’s Coffee Roasters, Sumner
- Elizabeth Marker, Director of Financial Services, Evergreen Eye, Federal Way
- AJ Gordon, CFO, SiteCrafting, Tacoma
- Shantel Jones, CFO, Tacoma Propeller, Tacoma
Non-profit organizational finance leaders who are Finalists include:
- Richele Center, Finance Director, United Way Thurston County
- Pete Grignon, CFO/CPA, United Way Pierce County
- Sue Horgen, CFO, The Rescue Mission, Tacoma
- Greg Welch, Dir. of Finance/Ops/HR, Assn. of Washington Business, Olympia
Three different government offices or agencies have Finalists in this category:
- Mary Schmidtke, Fiscal Services Manager, Pierce Co. Auditor’s Office, Tacoma
- Holly Woodmansee, Business Manager, Bates Technical College, Tacoma
- Lisa Woods, Business & Finance Manager, City of Tacoma Events & Venues dept.
Over the coming weeks, each of these Finalists will be spotlighted in a profile on Daily Biz Briefs.
The selections of honorees in each category will be announced at a recognition luncheon for all Finalists on Wednesday, April 26, sponsored by Kitsap Bank. Tickets and other details are coming soon.