Pierce County businesses that have been negatively impacted by recently modified COVID-19 restrictions may be eligible for a $10,000 Business Rollback Relief Grant.
To provide financial support to main street retail, arts and culture businesses, and other qualifying businesses impacted by recently modified COVID-19 restrictions, Pierce County has created the grant program to offset the costs of business disruption. Grant funds may be taxable income. The application deadline is Dec. 11 at 5 p.m.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Being one of the following business types:
– In-store retail
– Arts and culture establishments such as theaters, museums, and entertainment venues
– Fitness facilities, gyms, and bowling centers
– Caterers, restaurants, taprooms, and similar eating and drinking establishments that do not have a drive-through and did not participate in the full-service restaurant support program Restaurant Rally
- Be a business physically located anywhere in Pierce County including incorporated cities
- Have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees (including the business owner)
- Be in operation for one or more years (businesses that have had a change in ownership in the past 12 months may be eligible)
- Demonstrate at least a 25 percent reduction in revenues attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Be an independent business and not a corporate chain or corporate franchise
- Be a business operating consistent with current state and local COVID-19 guidance that has not filed for bankruptcy