A coalition of groups representing Washington’s major employers recently united behind a Stay Safe, Stay Open Campaign to urge the public to wear face masks and curb the spread of COVID-19.
The coalition includes 11 business groups representing restaurants, retail, construction, manufacturing, ethnic businesses, and other industries.
“This is a time for Washingtonians to come together for the sake of our families, our communities and our livelihoods,” Kris Johnson, president of the Association of Washington Business, said in a release. “We know that wearing face masks in public helps reduce the spread of this virus, which not only protects the health of our family and friends but also protects jobs. We already ‘bent the curve’ once. We need to pull together to knock down the virus once again so we can continue safely reopening businesses and rebuilding our economy.”
The coalition includes:
- Association of Washington Business
- AGC of Washington
- Building Industry Association of Washington
- Ethnic Business Coalition
- Independent Businesses Association
- Washington Bankers Association
- Washington Food Industry Association
- Washington Hospitality Association
- Washington Realtors Association
- Washington Retail Association
- Washington State Farm Bureau