In an effort to support independent creatives and small firms, the City of Tacoma’s Office of Arts & Cultural Vitality is developing a Creative Communications Roster for commercial design and media services that the city, Tacoma Creates, neighborhood and community groups, partners, and the public can select from for direct-hire opportunities.
If accepted, creatives will have their information included on the roster, which will be made public. This roster is meant for commercial, client-based work, rather than original artistic creations, and is meant to be inclusive of different styles and experience levels. Applicants may apply as an individual or team of up to five people. The application deadline has been extended to until Aug. 12, 2019, 11:59 PM
Creatives may apply under one or more of the following categories:
- Print – brochures, flyers, banners, wraps, signage, packaging, etc.
- Digital – web sites, social media assets, etc.
- Illustration – hand illustration, digital illustration, posters, painted signs, etc.
- Branding – logos, brand creation, etc.
- Video – filmmaking, event documentation, social media and website assets, etc.
- Photography – products, event documentation, etc.
Once the roster is complete, companies can use it to support local creatives for hiring opportunities in any of the above categories. Click here to view eligibility requirements and for more information.