We are now hiring for a Marketing and Event Coordinator.
Job Title: Marketing and Event Coordinator (full-time)
Hiring Organization: Premier Media Group
Location: Tacoma, WA
Compensation: $35,000 base with bonuses/commissions based on performance, plus benefits.
Are you looking to be part of company that is recognized as a top place to work? We are looking for a marketing and event coordinator who can take initiative and use their expertise to support our brand engagement efforts. Premier Media Group is a locally-owned and managed business that publishes award-winning South Sound, South Sound Business, 425 and 425 Business magazines.
Position Objective and Description:
The marketing and event coordinator will participate as member of a team of professional, dedicated employees managing internal and external marketing and event efforts. This position must utilize skills including team-based interaction, project management, goal setting, and be able to craft a vision. You must have the ability to work under pressure, demonstrate active listening, and exhibit organizational skills. This is a demanding and diverse role that includes a mix of administrative tasks, project coordination, and creative work.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and manage project plans for various marketing and event activities.
- Coordinate events, meetings, and brand engagement opportunities by identifying, assembling, and organizing requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; managing mailing lists to ensure event success.
- Provide updates to the sales team while coordinating and assisting sponsorship engagements as needed.
- Create and maintain high-quality company sponsored and supported events.
Provide support in marketing efforts with social and digital media in support of the digital media coordinator.
- Scout and book venues.
- Budget and plan profitable events and report to the finance manager.
Provide reports to the leadership team.
- Manage event ticket sales and invites.
- Maintain records of press/media coverage.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- At least 2 years experience in same or similar role.
- Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven proactive thinker.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Strong ability to multi-task with results-oriented mindset with a strong eye for design, and clear social media voice.
- Calm individual who can operate under pressure, deadlines, and the demands of a busy office environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook — plus knowledge of social media channels, invite services such as EventBrite, and knowledge of mass email services like MailChimp.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, and stand for several hours with infrequent breaks.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements
- 40 hours of work per week on average.
- Extended hours may be required, as determined by event schedule.
- Must have personal transportation.
- Out of town or overnight travel is not expected.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now accepting applications for fall 2018 internships.
South Sound Business magazine hosts editorial interns year-round, so come join our award-winning team. Our interns gain real-world experience in publishing, design, and journalism, and often work 10-25 hours per week with a flexible schedule for three months. Our office is headquartered in Old Town Tacoma within walking distance of several restaurants and the waterfront. A small stipend plus fun work perks are available as part of our internship program.
Applicants should have strong writing skills, intellectual curiosity, and possess the ability to tell stories. Successful candidates must understand the importance of deadlines, teamwork and independent thinking. Coursework in journalism, communications, marketing, or English are preferred, but not required. Experience with social media or photography are a bonus. This position is best fit for students at the junior or senior level, or recent college graduates. Duties include writing blog posts, feature and newswriting, research, copy editing, and fact checking. We do require interns to have access to a vehicle or reliable transportation for interview travel throughout our coverage area.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three examples of your published written work to Assistant Editor Shelby Rowe Moyer, email@example.com.
Applicants must be familiar with Adobe Suite, especially InDesign. Familiarity with the online WordPress platform is also preferred. Applicant may assist in designing magazine pages, uploading content to magazine websites, create PDFs and design ads, logos, internal marketing materials and more. Applicants should be college juniors, seniors or recent graduates. Prior design experience in school or at another internship is preferred. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 1362 | Tacoma, WA 98401-1362 p 253.588.5340 | f 253.588.5348 | premiermedia.net