The event, which will take place at the Museum of Flight, celebrates Washington high school seniors who have proved their excellence and discipline in STEM, and plan to earn STEM degrees at prestigious post-secondary schools. It’s just like signing day for prospective college athletes.
One qualified student from each of Washington’s 49 legislative districts has been selected to participate. There are four STEM signing days across the U.S., including the one in Washington.
Notable event attendees include:
- Ted Colbert, CIO at Boeing
- Christine Walsh, regional director of product marketing at Boeing
- Chris Reykdal, state superintendent of public instruction
- Caroline King, CEO at Washington STEM
- The 49 outstanding Washington students and their families
The event is taking place from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on April 23, at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
Interested in attending? Contact Jesse Gilliam, Washington STEM, to RSVP at (206) 218-7980 or email@example.com.
For more information about STEM signing day, watch this video.