After four months of construction and repairs, the State Route 512 Park & Ride and Transit Center will reopen on Oct. 1, Pierce Transit announced today.
Located at 10617 South Tacoma Way in Lakewood, the Park & Ride closed in June for improvements including:
- LED lighting upgrades
- Additional lighting poles
- Shelter renovations including new roofs, paint, and glass
- Seating upgrades including new bolted-down benches
- Upgraded curb ramps
- Numbered parking stalls and brightly-painted stall striping
- Upgraded transit center surface from asphalt to concrete
- New greenery
The project was completed about a week early and came in $250,000 under its $2.5 million budget, according to Pierce Transit.